The plants and flowers we keep in our homes and gardens are lovely to look at. But dozens of common house and garden plants are actually deadly to dogs.
A study found that one in 12 pets has eaten poisonous plants, with smaller dogs and puppies being particularly at risk due to their size.
It’s no secret that foxgloves are poisonous, but did you know that daffodils can cause vomiting, diarrhea and even heart problems if consumed by your dog?
Use this infographic to correctly identify which plants are poisonous to your dog so you know which ones to keep your dog away from when out on a walk or in the garden. If you have family or friends this could help, please feel free to email them or pass it on by using the share buttons.
Wondering how you’ll remember all this stuff? Print this printer-friendly version out to stick on your fridge or take with you on your next dog walk.
IF YOUR DOG CHEWS OR EATS ANY OF THE PLANTS ON THIS LIST, SEEK VETERINARY HELP IMMEDIATELY
Want to share this image on your site? Just copy and paste the embed code below:
Which plants are poisonous to dogs?
Here’s the official list from the Kennel Club website:
- Amaryllis bulbs
- Asparagus fern
- Daffodil bulbs
- Day lilies
- Lily of the valley
- Morning glory
- Rhubarb leaves
- Sweet pea
- Tulip bulbs
- Umbrella plant
If you have any comments or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you.