An elegant and stylish new range from the self-build specialists at Conservatory Land.
You can save on labour costs with ConservaBase, and build your own DIY Orangery in just five days.
Other benefits include:
- Free Delivery
- Beautiful Pilasters
- An enhanced, eye catching aluminum gutter system
- A modern internal pelmet
- High-Quality Materials
- Complete Support Throughout Construction if needed
- Adds a touch of class to your home
If you’d like to learn more about our products, request a free brochure from us today.
Simply enter your details and we’ll post you a copy right away. It’s that simple.
What is the difference between an Orangery and a Conservatory?
The difference between an Orangery and a conservatory is mainly about the construction. The most noticeable difference is the deeper external guttering which enhances the roof line and the internal pelmets that are often fitted with LED spot down lighters.
Orangery extensions are more expensive than conservatories, but stand out from the crowd by providing an enhanced look and adding class to your home.
You will notice than many customers choose to add brick columns or Pilasters to the corners of their Orangery.
Our self-build Orangeries are totally compatible with ConservaBase, our all-in-one steel conservatory base, floor and wall system.
We can supply the complete package and offer a range of interest free and low-rate credit options. See our Conservatory and Orangery Finance page.
Orangeries are considered to be a more secluded area that can be seen as separate from the home. Some people use them to create more luxurious settings.
See more orangery images in our customer gallery
See more examples in our customer gallery
As you will see below, every DIY Orangery we manufacture is different and made-to-measure to suit your home, preferences and budget. If you don’t see what you need below, please ask us!
We normally manufacture a standard DIY Orangery roof at a 25° pitch, but depending on height requirements, this can be anywhere between a 20° and 35° pitch.
Orangery roof glazing normally consists of:
- Pilkington Activ, Self-cleaning, solar control, 24mm glass sealed units, which is available in various colours and thermal specifications to suit your needs and preference.
Our DIY Orangery models are available in either:
- Dwarf-Wall Model – we normally manufacture the frames to suit a 600mm high wall, but we can manufacture them to suit any wall height according to your requirements.
- Full-Height Model – full height frames with glass to floor. These frames are usually 2100mm in height, but we often manufacture them at different heights when needed, in order to fit various different site situations.
- Full-Height Bottom Panel Model – Full height frames with solid PVCu panels in the bottom. Again, these are normally 2100mm high but this can sometimes vary, the same as already stated above.
Orangery Window Frames
You name it, we can supply it! Below are just some of the options available to you:
- Window frames to suit any wall height including dwarf-walls, three-quarter height walls and full-height walls.
- Fixed or opening windows where desired.
- A choice of handle colours: white, gold or chrome – all our window handles are auto-locking, with additional key operation.
Depending on your preference, we can supply any of the following door types, and you can have as many different door types as you want in your Orangery:
- Single Door – half or fully glazed, inward or outward opening.
- French (Double) Doors – again, half glazed or fully glazed, opening inwards or outwards. French doors are our most popular choice.
- Patio (Sliding) Door – sliding left or right, these are available in 2, 3 or 4-pane options.
- Bi-Fold (Concertina) Doors – left or right sliding and opening in or out, these come in many different configurations and provide maximum opening between your Orangery and garden.
- A choice of handle colours: – white, gold or chrome – all our doors feature multi-point locking mechanisms.
All our Orangery models are available in either:
- Golden Oak
- Rosewood on White
- Golden Oak on White
- Grey on White
Base, Floor and Walls
All our DIY Orangery designs are fully compatible with ConservaBase, our optional, steel conservatory base, floor and wall system. Or we can manufacture your Orangery to fit onto a conventional concrete base and brick walls.
Our DIY Orangeries are fully customisable, please see our Specifications page for further details.
Orangery Planning Permission
Orangeries are bound by the same planning permission regulations as conservatories.
You can read all about planning permission, and whether or not you need it, right here.
So, how much does an orangery cost?
Like all conservatories, it depends on the type of extension you buy. We build bespoke orangeries for your exact needs – and the price will depend on what those needs are.
Things like size, dimensions and specifications will determine the overall cost.
Ordering and Building an Orangery
Purchasing a DIY Orangery from Conservatory Land is easy.
All you have to do is give us a call (the number is 0800 952 8000) and let us know your measurements.
They don’t have to be exact right now, estimations are fine.
We can discuss your options, give you a quote, and once you’ve made a decision to buy, we’ll begin the manufacturing process.
Once the order has been manufactured, we’ll deliver your brand new orangery to your home for free.
It comes with easy-to-follow instructions, and you’ll be able to phone our advisors at any time during the building process.
As mentioned earlier, orangery construction will take you up to 5 days.
If you have any questions about our services, get in touch today and we’ll do our best to help.